Halton Carers Centre
Who is a carer & what support is there in Halton for carers?
A Carer is someone who, without payment, provides support to a partner, child, relative, friend or neighbour who could not manage without their help. This could be due to age, physical or mental illness, addiction or disability. At Halton Carers Centre we currently have just over 6000 carers in Halton registered with us, registering with us will not affect any benefits yourself or the person you care for are in receipt of and you can also be in employment. It is also important to inform your GP Practice of your caring role as this will entitle you to the annual flu jab!
Services at Halton Carers Centre for Carers:
- Information & Support Workers – also have a Young Carers workers & ADHD/Autism Carers Support Worker.
- Referrals and signposting to local organisations who can meet their needs (Social services, Welfare Rights etc)
- Access to free Therapies and Podiatry (facials, massages, pedicure, manicure)
- Day Trips for the Carer & Cared for
- Training courses - Caring with confidence, IT, First Aid, Autism & you, ADHD & You, Sensory workshops, Personality Disorder workshop etc
- Access to break funding up to £250, We will also look into other avenues of funding from other groups e.g. Family Fund etc.
- Monthly Coffee Groups in Runcorn & Widnes (open to all carers), ADHD Support group, Former Carers group
- Carers Forums
- Quarterly newsletter
How can a carer register with Halton Carers’ Centre
- Inform your GP Practice of your caring role and ask to be referred onto Halton Carers Centre
- Ring either of our offices on 01928 580182 or 0151 257 9673. Or telephone our GP Link Worker directly on 07824 329 324
- Carers can also call into either of our offices. (see below)
- Email your name, address & telephone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org and Lucia will call you to complete the registration.
Halton Carers Centre Offices & Opening times
Runcorn - 71 High Street, Runcorn. Mon - Fri 10am – 4pm. Sat 10am – 1pm
Widnes – Peelhouse Family Centre, (next to Oakmeadow Care Home) Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/
Please Access The Link Below To See This Months Newsletter;
January 2015 Newsletter